What is body butter?
Body butters are a great alternative to
moisturiser. They are thicker, richer, and nourishing. Body butters do not contain water and therefore there is no need to add any preservatives, making it a perfect all-natural product for the driest and most sensitive of skins
At Samantha Lily our motto is “If it’s not good for the skin, we don’t put it in”
I want to show you a variety of simple body butter recipes, that anyone can make from home…..
So, how do we make body butter? Lets jump to it.
70g Unrefined Shea butter
Yes, it’s that simple!
What oil do you use?
The great thing is, you can use 1 oil, 2 oils or 10 oils, its down to you and your budget.
To make it simple for you, I have created a chart which shows 6 different recipes using different oils for different skin types.
These are just a few examples of variations you can use.
So, you can see that if you stick with the basic 70/30 when using shea butter, anyone can make themselves a simple DIY body butter
You have chosen your oils you want to use. Now lets get making….
1. First of all add the unrefined Shea butter to a double boiler on a low heat until melted
2. Next add the coconut oil (if you are using it) until melted
3. Add the rest of your oils
4. After 1 minute, remove from heat and put to the side to cool down for 10 minutes
5. Put your liquid mixture into the fridge or freezer until solid
6. Blend with an electric whisk until light and fluffy (around 5 minutes)
7. Add to jar/container
8. Store somewhere cool out of direct sunlight
All recipes can be used for everyday use and can be used on anyone from birth onwards.
1. It is important to use sterilised equipment to avoid any bacteria growing in your product.
2. You can make a simple double boiler by filling a saucepan up with 2 inches of water, then add your metal or glass bowl so it sits on top (You can use 2 saucepans 1 small inside one medium)
3. You can use any oils you wish, as long as the oil ratio e
quals 30% (30g in this case)
4. Fridge will take around 4-8 hours and freezer will take around 30 minutes
5. I whisk for around 5 minutes but you can whisk until you find the consistency you like
If you would like to try our luxury body butter for stretch marks you can purchase from us here
If you have any questions please leave me a comment and I will get back to you.
Give it a go and let me know how you get on.