This 2-ingredient facial mask is great for all skin types including eczema, psoriasis, aged skin, young skin, acne, and sensitive skin.
Let’s jump straight to the recipe so you can see how easy it is, and we will go through the benefits after
1x tablespoon - Cacao powder
2x tablespoons - Water
1. Add both ingredients into a bowl and mix until a paste is formed
2. Apply to your face and leave for 10-15 minutes
3. Wash off with warm water and a flannel
If you prefer a thicker mask you can add more powder and if you prefer a thinner mask you can add more water
Yep, it’s that easy!
Now that you know how easy it is, lets go through the benefits
Cacao Powder Benefits
Cacao is high in flavonoids.
Flavonoids are rich in antioxidants, which can help your body fight off every day toxins, help protect and repair your skin from premature aging and damage,and improve your skin's complexion by soothing redness and blemishes.
Cacao powder has high anti-inflammatory properties making it a great choice with those with skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, acne, and dry sensitive skin.
Cacao vs Cocoa
We use cacao powder and not cocoa powder
There are lots of articles around the difference between the two but simply put, cocoa powder goes through more processing than cacao powder. The number of flavonoids in cacao depends on the amount of processing and manufacturing. Cacao powder will therefore have more benefits for your skin and body
- Cacao is pronounced Ka-kaw
- Cacao is a superfood, which contains more antioxidants than blueberries
- Cacao, with its notable source of flavonoids, is also the reason dark chocolate is considered to have health benefits
- Cacao beans come from the Theobroma cacao tree originated in the upper Amazon basin region (Brazil, Colombia, and Peru). The Cacao tree is a fruit tree, whose name means “food of the gods”. The cacao beans (which are technically seeds), grow inside pods surrounded by a white fleshy pulp known as Baba.
If you would prefer to purchase one of our face masks rather than make one, we have two face masks available with a high cacao content
1. Our chocolate mud mask can be purchased here
This is a great mask for toddlers, children, and adults. I created this mask especially with young children in mind. Having a young child, myself I know how delicate their young skin can be. This mask is made from organic cacao powder, organic oats, and organic milk powders, it’s great for all skin types including sensitive skin, eczema, and psoriasis.
2. Our cacao, honey, and rosehip anti-aging mask can be purchased here
This mask has so many anti-ageing benefits and like all our products it’s made with 100% natural ingredients.
Whether you are making or buying your cacao face mask it’s a great treat for your skin.
- Family pamper session
- Children’s/Teens pamper parties
- Ladies night in
- Mummy and daughter pamper
- Mother's Day treat
- Easter activity with the kids
When will you do yours?
Lily and I love a pamper together, it’s a great Mummy and Daughter bonding day and she loves getting involved and mixing the ingredients up
Let me know how you get on in the comments
If you like this post please click the love heart at the bottom
What DIY would you like to see next?